WITH ONLINE THERAPY,
GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED,
FROM ANYWHERE YOU WANT
Our aim is to make therapy services as accessible for you as possible. Over the recent years, the use of online therapy services has seen a steady increase. This is because it gives you more flexibility to manage your busy schedule and get the help you need from the place of your choice and comfort.
At Select Psychology, our team of professional and accredited therapists is available to help you overcome a variety of mental health issues in a virtual setting, without the need of having to come to a face-to-face appointment.
WHAT IS ONLINE THERAPY AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
Online therapy is a unique blend of two significant components of therapy. First, being able to access secure and confidential mental health support without hampering your sense of comfort; and second, freeing yourself from the hassle of scheduling your day around your therapy appointment. We understand that you have several other things to manage in your day and planning your day around travelling to and from one therapy session can seem quite overwhelming at times, with our virtual therapy appointments, you can have the support you need wherever you want!
IS ONLINE THERAPY JUST AS EFFECTIVE AS FACE-TO-FACE THERAPY?
Online therapy has been successful in providing the same level of support and confidentiality as an in-person therapy session with added flexibility for you and convenience of attending sessions from the comfort of your home. Research has shown that online therapy can be just as effective as face-to-face therapy depending on various factors. It s also worth noting that certain types of therapy such as therapy for children may be better suite to having face-to-face appointment. Some considerations that contribute to the effectiveness of online therapy are listed below:
Convenience and Accessibility: With the option of taking therapy sessions from the place of your comfort, online therapy offers greater convenience and accessibility. Making it particularly easy for people with mobility issues,
Treatment for Common Mental Health Issues: Online therapy has been successful in treating a wide range of common mental health problems such as depression, anxiety, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and more.
Freedom of Choice: With the introduction of online therapy, patients also have the freedom to choose to take sessions only if they are unable to take face-to-face therapy in one of the sessions. Online therapy provides you with the option of not breaking the flow of your therapy journey because of any temporary reason that might be keeping you from appearing for your face-to-face appointment.
Privacy and Confidentiality: With online therapy getting more popular due to its accommodating characteristic, apps that facilitate this service have been made secure over time. Encryption and secure communication protocols in place ensure that sensitive information remains protected.
It is worth noting that there are therapists who provide both, online and face-to-face therapy services. If you are unsure of choosing face-to-face or online therapy, you could opt to work with a therapist who offers therapy in a virtual and face-to-face setting. This way you can try face-to-face and online therapy and choose the setting that works for you, or have the best of both worlds depending on your situation, circumstances and schedule.
SHOULD I OPT FOR ONLINE THERAPY?
You have a busy schedule which can make it difficult to commute to the clinic for therapy.
You cannot conveniently commute to any of our locations
You are more comfortable meeting virtually than in-person
You have a health problem that makes it difficult to attend the clinic
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE TAKING ONLINE THERAPY
If you have decided to opt for online therapy, it will be beneficial to keep these things in mind when preparing fro your session:
- Private and secure space: It is essential that you take your online therapy session in a space that provides you with comfort and privacy to have a conversation with the therapist without any reservation.
- Stable internet connection and equipment: It is of utmost importance to ensure good and stable internet connectivity for your online therapy session to go smoothly.
- Choose an accredited therapist: Whether it is online or face-to-face therapy, choosing a licensed therapist ensures that they are professionally qualified, equipped and experienced to provide you suitable mental health treatment.
- Prepare for technical issues: Technology is mostly reliable but it is helpful to be prepared for technical difficulties that might arise during the session. Keeping this in mind will help you deal with the technical issue at hand more patiently and calmly, leading to a speedy resolution.
- Limit screen time: As you have decided to take online therapy sessions, this also means increased screen time. It will be helpful for you if you manage your screen time efficiently by setting some boundaries and accounting for your online therapy sessions screen time as well.
- Staying safe and secure: In addition to choosing platforms that provide optimum privacy, it is helpful to take your online sessions after deactivating listening and AI devices such as Siri and Alexa to ensure privacy.
ONLINE TREATMENT FOR MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS
With online therapy sessions as well as an option to book one of our multiple locations, we are here to help make therapy as accessible for you as possible.
Get in touch
If you are seeking therapy or from an organisation wishing to contact us we would be happy to talk about how we can help.