PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
I’m a psychoanalytic child and adolescent psychotherapist and clinical supervisor, qualified to work therapeutically with children and young people up to the age of 25. I have ten years’ experience in NHS CAMHS services in London, where I was a senior clinician in a Pupil Referral Unit and in Children’s Centres. I also worked as an independent expert witness in Public Law Outline childcare proceedings for the family courts. I am currently Head of Counselling at Dame Allan’s School in Newcastle and also work at Newcastle University Counselling Service and as a Story Stem Assessment Profile trainer for the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families. I have a wealth of experience with children, young people and their families with a range of presenting problems, including behavioural difficulties, anxiety, selective mutism, relationship problems within the family, bereavement and loss, depression, complex and inter-generational trauma, abuse and neglect and eating distress.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- MSc Psychoanalytic Developmental Psychology (UCL) Distinction
- ACP Registered Professional Training in Child & Adolescent
- Psychotherapy to Doctorate Level with NHS CAMHS Team
- Supervisor’s Qualification (Tavistock Clinic)
ACCREDITATION TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Association of Child Psychotherapists (Full Membership)
- Professional Standards Authority
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
- Inter-generational trauma
- Young people/students aged 16 – 25
INVEST IN YOURSELF AND YOUR WELLBEING
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR THERAPISTS
We carry out rigorous checks and vet all our therapists before they join the team. They must meet with our high standards of professional specification which includes:
- Accreditation to the relevant professional body:
- Clinical psychologists are Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- CBT therapists are British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accredited
- Counsellors are British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited
- Degree-qualified to Masters or PHD (doctorate) level for clinical psychologists
- Full indemnity insurance
- DBS criminal record clearance
This means that the mental health professional you see will be qualified, experienced and competent.
We are a private mental health clinic and have a number of therapists with different specialities. Because of this, we can offer therapies to help with a wide range of mental health issues from Anxiety to PTSD and child psychology.
First, we carry out a triage step during a 15-minute free initial telephone consultation. Depending on the challenges you’re facing, we will then recommend a counsellor, CBT therapist or clinical psychologist.
We also have clinic locations throughout the North, so there is usually one not too far from you.
As a result, we can usually offer an appointment quickly and at a time and place convenient for you. But, above all, tailored to your needs.