Select Psychology is a clinic of experienced private psychologists who operate in the North East of England who operate on an appointment basis, and are not a crisis service.
If you are feeling suicidal, unsafe, at risk of harming yourself, or at risk of harming someone else it is advised that you immediately follow the below risk management guidance:
- Call 999 immediately
- Go to your nearest A&E departments
- Contact your local NHS Crisis Resolution Team (CRT)
- Visit your registered Doctor (GP) on an urgent appointment.
You may also find it useful to call the Samaritans. Samaritans operate a freephone number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you can reach them by calling 116 123.
Other services that are available and offering immediate support are:
- NHS Choices – Call 111
- BEAT Helpline – Call 0808 801 0677
- BEAT Youth Line for Under 25’s – Call 0808 801 0811
- BEAT Student Line – Call 0808 801 0711
- CALM (for males) – Call 0800 58 58 58
- Domestic Violence Helpline – Call 0808 2000 247
- ChildLine (for children and young people) – Call 0800 1111
- NSPCC – Call 0808 800 5000
- Shout (Text Service) – Text 85258
If you are currently a client of Select Psychology and you are in need of crisis, please ensure that you notify your therapist or psychologist immediately or prior to your next scheduled appointment; as this crisis may influence the suggested pathway for treatment that your therapist or psychologist recommends.