PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
I am a qualified sex and relationship therapist with 30years of experience working with couples and individuals.
Currently, I work both for Relate and in private practice. I work in an integrative way, drawing from various different models of therapy to suit the needs of the client.
These include Couple Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Behavioural Therapy, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis and Psychosexual Therapy.
I can provide a safe, non-judgmental space where couples can learn how to communicate effectively with each other and find appropriate solutions to their problems.
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Certificate in Marital and Couple Counselling
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy
ACCREDITATION TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Member of COSRT
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sexual addiction
- Premature ejaculation
- Retarded ejaculation
- Loss of libido
- Illness related sexual problems
INVEST IN YOURSELF AND YOUR WELLBEING
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR THERAPISTS
We carry out rigorous checks and vet all our therapists before they join the team. They must meet with our high standards of professional specification which includes:
- Accreditation to the relevant professional body:
- Clinical psychologists are Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- CBT therapists are British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accredited
- Counsellors are British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited
- Degree-qualified to Masters or PHD (doctorate) level for clinical psychologists
- Full indemnity insurance
- DBS criminal record clearance
This means that the mental health professional you see will be qualified, experienced and competent.
We are a private mental health clinic and have a number of therapists with different specialities. Because of this, we can offer therapies to help with a wide range of mental health issues from Anxiety to PTSD and child psychology.
First, we carry out a triage step during a 15-minute free initial telephone consultation. Depending on the challenges you’re facing, we will then recommend a counsellor, CBT therapist or clinical psychologist.
We also have clinic locations throughout the North, so there is usually one not too far from you.
As a result, we can usually offer an appointment quickly and at a time and place convenient for you. But, above all, tailored to your needs.