DR EMMA HONEY
Professional background and experience
I qualified as a Clinical Psychologist from Newcastle University in 2010 and work privately with Select Pyschology and in the NHS.
I work individually with children and adults experiencing a range of difficulties and also work with parents and families to support them with the challenges of parenting and family life.
I have a specialist interest and over 15 years experience working with children and young people with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Training and qualifications
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Newcastle University
- PhD, Developmental Psychology, University of Durham
- MA Developmental Psychology, University of Durham
- Foundation course in Family and Systemic Practice
- Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- A range of anxiety management programmes for children and young people with and without neurodevelopmental disorder
Accreditation to professional bodies
- Registered with HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council)
- Chartered Member of British Psychological Society
Areas of special interest and expertise
- Children and young people
- Self-esteem and self-confidence
- Neuro-developmental disorders