DR CLARK DAVISON
PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
I am an experienced consultant clinical psychology and have supported people across the lifespan and with a range of presenting difficulties having worked in community, acute inpatient and crisis teams with both adults and adolescents.
Drawing upon a range of models as well as using an eclectic approach, I provide person-centred care. I have particular expertise in the use of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), cognitive analytical therapy (CAT), dialectal behaviour therapy (DBT), mindfulness and narrative therapy.
In addition to the above, I am also experienced in service development work, training development and delivery, psychometric testing and am a published researcher.
Training and qualifications
- PsychD Clinical Psychology
- MPsych Psychology
- BSc Drama & Psychology
- Sign Language, Levels 1 & 2
- Deaf Community & Culture certificate
- CBT for Insomnia
- Transference Focussed Psychotherapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
- Critical Incident and Stress Management
ACCREDITATION TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
AREAS OF SPECIAL INTEREST
BOOK A FREE 15 MINUTE PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL TELEPHONE CONSULTATION
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR THERAPISTS
We carry out rigorous checks and vet all our therapists before they join the team. They must meet with our high standards of professional specification which includes:
- Accreditation to the relevant professional body:
- Clinical psychologists are Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered
- CBT therapists are British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP) accredited
- Counsellors are British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) accredited
- Degree-qualified to Masters or PHD (doctorate) level for clinical psychologists
- Full indemnity insurance
- DBS criminal record clearance
This means that the mental health professional you see will be qualified, experienced and competent.
We are a private mental health clinic and have a number of therapists with different specialities. Because of this, we can offer therapies to help with a wide range of mental health issues from Anxiety to PTSD and child psychology.
First, we carry out a triage step during a 15-minute free initial telephone consultation. Depending on the challenges you’re facing, we will then recommend a counsellor, CBT therapist or clinical psychologist.
We also have clinic locations throughout the North, so there is usually one not too far from you.
As a result, we can usually offer an appointment quickly and at a time and place convenient for you. But, above all, tailored to your needs.